Monday, November 22, 2010

First Attempt at Finger Painting

So I got this great idea that I would get Macklin's hand print and turn them into turkey place cards for Thanksgiving. I thought..."I will just have Macklin finger paint and I will get a few hand prints." Boy, was I wrong! Our first attempt at finger painting was a huge failure! The paint failed. Getting a hand print failed.

It took me longer to make the paint than I thought (online recipe), so I had to postpone it until the next day. Well, that darn cornstartch is wicked stuff and it turned my finger paint into this weird gel-solid thing. I tried to water it down and re-heat it, but it didn't really work. Also, the brown (for the proposed turkeys) I tried to make was a strange green color now.

I am persistent and I tried it anyway. I placed Mack on the ground on a sheet of paper with all the paints around him in a disposable diaper. He played a bit, and squished it through his fingers. He had fun for about 6 minutes and then was angry that he was covered in this weird stuff. We headed to the bath to clean off, but the fun lasted just a bit too long and I never saw anything that looked like a hand print.

But...my boy still looks cute covered in weird goo!


Also, here are some other cutie pics we took the other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment