Monday, September 10, 2012

Best Meet Ever!

Just one note to brag on....this was BMHS's meet. I am excited to have an EVHS runner on the front page of the paper at their meet. 

Seriously, the best meet I have ever coached! I knew my team was going to be competitive this year and am expecting (and hoping) that this is the first year that both teams qualify for state (last year the boys made it)...but I didn't know we would be this good! We ran at the Battle Mountain Invitational yesterday and destroyed the course! Let's start with the varsity boys...my top guy won the meet (shown above), then we went 3rd, 4th, 8th, and 11th!!! That is a low 27 points - pretty sure the lowest ever by any EVHS team. The varsity girls earned 2nd as a team behind a very tough BMHS squad. Had four girls in the top 15 and the 5th was 20th (running dehydrated even...gotta fix that). The JV Boys won their division with six in the top 15 and the JV girls had two award winners. It was crazy! We had three pieces of team hardware and 38 happy faces. Coaching is a blast. I am there because I love high school kids, I love the sport and I feel called to coach....but winning does make things way more exciting! I can't wait for our home meet this Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment