Monday, April 23, 2012

Sand Dunes with Video


Last week we decided to go on a family camping trip! Yes, I know, my daughter was only 8 days old, but you gotta start early right? Justin is on spring break and I always feel lame doing nothing over a spring break that is memorable. Not saying that having our second child isn't memorable, but we needed a little adventure. The definition of adventure is constantly changing in our family, but we are happy with whatever we can get.

Last Tuesday we decided at noon that we were going to take the 4 hour trip down to the sand dunes to show Macklin the "big sandbox." We were in the car by 2pm and on our way. I love trips with my family because that means no worrying about the house and I have them all to myself! What a blessing to get away every once in a while. We stopped for some ice cream on the way and got to the campsites before dark!

Justin and Macklin did a great job setting up camp and we roasted some hot dogs and marshmallows before putting Mack to bed. Last time we went camping, putting Macklin to bed was a tough job. This time, it was a piece of cake! We laid him on top of a sleeping bag and then zipped it up after he fell asleep. We stayed up a bit longer, fed Macy again and then called it a night. Macy slept with me a little bit but mostly in her car seat all bundled up. It was actually a pretty easy nights sleep!

Playing at the dunes the next day was all that we had hoped it would be! Macklin loved it. It was not crowed. The weather was awesome (slightly windy but I think that is normal for that area). He loved the combo of water and sand. Justin took him up in the dunes on the sled while I fed Macy on the beach area. It was just a great overall day. Both kiddos were snoozing before we left the parking lot!











No comments:

Post a Comment