Friday, October 29, 2010

XC Update...STATE!!!

Spikes...Mud....Chilly Weather....Kids running their way to state!
Sounds like all the ingrediants to an AWESOME regonial meet for EVHS XC!

We had a great meet last Saturday. I had three kids (one guy and two gals), all freshmen (believe it!), run their way into state. I said eariler that kids had to place in the top 15 to go to state. My boy finished 11th and the girls were 12th and 15th. It was such an emotional day as I was so stinkin' pumped for them! They were very proud of themselves, as they should be.

Major milestones of the day....
-Highest finishes in EVHS girls team history
-First two girls to ever take to state for EVHS XC
-Only the third dude every on the guys side
-Most kids to take to state in one year for EVHS XC

Oh yeah, and they day got better later in the day because MIZZOU WON!!!!!

Off to Denver tomorrow to get ready for the state xc meet on Saturday.

Here are a few pics from the day.

Anyone notice the spikes on the left??? Those are mine!
I convinced my kids it was time for the spikes (racing flats are bigger out here for xc due to the rocky courses and sometimes paved courses). So, one of my kids let another kid wear his spikes and he wore mine! They both ran awesome...must have come from the shoes!

The two biggest EVHS XC fans!

The team and our supporters!

No comments:

Post a Comment