Friday, June 14, 2013

GoPro Mountain Games 2013

I am sad to say that the GoPro Mountain Games are now complete. It is literally one of my favorite weekends of the whole summer in the Vail Valley. Even though the Games are four days long, we spent two solid days there and had a blast. We went up on Saturday to catch our buddy in the mountain bike race, see the dock dogs and the bouldering competition. We stayed to have dinner with the Bakers, Bangstons, and friends and the kids had a blast in the water landscaping around Vail Village. Macy didn't want to be outdone, so she climbed on in too! 







Saturday I headed up early to race in the 10k Spring Runoff and had a great race. I got 13th overall for the women and 4th in my age group. I was really happy with my time of 1:04 and my overall performance. I was mentally prepared for 7.5 miles since that was the distance from last year. But they made it closer to an actual 10k at 6.86mi, thus making my 1:37 time from last year (6 weeks post-birth) a bit incomparable. It was great to get out and be competitive since I feel like I am in pretty good shape. My sweet friends Jen and Kari were at the top of a tough 5mile marker hill in the woods and that was a huge encouragement! We headed to breakfast after the race and then waited for Justin and the kids to come up after church. We got to see the slackline finals, the dock dogs again, and then water events (kayaking and raft cross). It was a super day and of course, the kids found the fountains again! 




And, I saw this amazing stroller! A 3-kid Chariot! It was insane! 

Slackline on the left. Kayak 8-Ball on the right (6-ish kayakers come down the river and encounter "8-ball" kayakers along the way that try to hit them...full contact kayaking! Lots of carnage!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment