Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day Defined by Weather

Macklin's day was changed by the weather today. We had intended to spend half the day with Grandma Kathy and half the day with Grandpa Don and Mema. But...St. Louis is under this intense winter storm warning and no one is going much of anywhere. All of the schools were closed yesterday and tomorrow (and probably Thrusday). At my parents house, we got some sleet and ice, but nothing to freak out over. I am renaming this the "Storm that Never Came." My mom warned me when I came home on Sunday night that I might hit the "storm." Then, on Monday kids left school early all over the area. Today EVERYTHING was closed. Seriously, it is best to be off the roads (and hwy 70 is closed from STL to KC), but where is the 12-24inches near us? Maybe it is down the street, but it is not at my parents house. Maybe it will follow through tonight and tomorrow so at least there is something to justify the the 24-7 weather/news reporting. One request though...please end all of the commotion by 2pm on Thursday so we can go home to see my handsome husband!

In order to make some of our plans work today, my dad went to get Justin's mom from her house so that she could come over to play with Macklin. Unfortunately, Grandpa Don and Mema could not make the trip in from the Washington area and we were so sad to have missed them!



No comments:

Post a Comment