Monday, February 6, 2012

Cake Pops - Round 2


I made another round of cake pops last week, this time with the cake pop maker (which worked great by the way) given to me by Macklin's Mema. They turned out in perfect little balls....after about 3 hours! I think I decided that me and cake pops just don't mix. They tasted much better than round one. They looked much better. But, with the amount of time that they took, and how they actually looked in the end (which was ok but not awesome)....not sure they are for me.

The real reason I wanted to make them was for Macklin's party next month. But with 15 kids and 15 sets of parents (preparing for 50ish after you count our house), how many cake pops would I need? 100??? I only got like 60 after 3 hours of baking and then you still have to dip and decorate! I did wrap some up and give them to the senior dance girls on their senior night. They said they were delicious and wanted more (so I did give them the whole bag of unfrosted ones too the next day).

Let's just say that after this second round, I thought I would be well on my way to making these beautiful creations and the other things seen on www.bakerella.com. Needless to say I was way off!

No comments:

Post a Comment