Saturday, February 25, 2012

Baby Nook

I can officially say that Baby Cheese has a place to sleep when she arrives in six weeks! My wonderful husband and I had a "construction date night" on Thursday and got it done (with Daniel's help too). We always have date nights on Thursdays so we went to get some hot cocoa and hang out for a bit, and then came back to complete this project. Little Mack just slept right through the hammering, drilling, and staple gun using as we put it all together. Here is the game plan for Baby Cheese.

Baby Cheese is going to sleep on top of the bathtub in our bathroom....yes she will sleep in the bath tub :) With a three bedroom house, a precious boy and one great friend living here, our rooms are full! We plan for Mack and Cheese to share a room in the near future, but for those cry-filled first six weeks or so, we wanted her to have her own space and give Macklin some time to transition. Here is what our bathtub area looks like on a regular basis....a bin of storage...party projects, Baby Cheese's clothes, track stuff, etc. First job - move all of this stuff!

Just a picture to show that all house projects have set-backs. Justin got 2x6 boards but the faucet was 7 inches tall...bummer. So, we just took off the faucet!

Framing complete with the top board that props up to maintain the little bit of storage that we could use in the bath tub (Sidenote - We do intend to keep the bathroom this way after we move Baby Cheese. Then I can go back to mega storage in there.).

The completed top! I sewed up the fabrics while the boys completed the construction. Then we stapled the fabric to the boards, which worked great! I thought we could just lay it over like a bed skirt, but stapling it is going to work WAY better! No sliding when we lift it up, no straightening it all the time. Just nice clean lines and way easier and cleaner than painting.

More pics to come. I have the curtain ready to hang but still need to work on the bassinet cover (I am recovering the bumper in the bassinet to match!) and get some baskets.

Yesterday while I was in Denver I did get another baby monitor (for $50...why did I pay like $300 for the first????) to sync with our current one. Now we will be able to see two babies on one screen. I am still looking for a Baby Bjorn Active, Double Stroller, and front jogging wheel for our double chariot. Then I think I will feel ready for Baby Cheese to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment