Sunday, February 12, 2012

Teva Recap





We headed out to the Teva Winter Mountain Games on Friday night and Saturday night! What a great reminder of why we LOVE living here! Friday night we got to see the Mixed Climbing finals. We connected with some friends while we were there (who were headed to an 80s party later...oh the advantages of not having kids yet) and played in the snow a bit. The climbing was a blast to watch. It is called Mixed Climbing, which means they use ice climbing tools and sticking them into "foam" pieces on the wall. So, no actual ice, but not really regular climbing either. They had to race a competitor on one side. Then they get a 3 minute break from the time the first makes it up. Then they race up the on opposite side. We watched semis and finals, so the dudes we saw climbed like 4 times in a matter of 45 minutes. More of an endurance race if you ask me!

Saturday we headed up for the Teva Snowshoe Race at 6:30pm. I talked Justin into doing it with me and Daniel wanted to join, so he hung with Macklin so we could both race! It was a smaller race (see results here), but I am still proud to say that I got 2nd of the women (and I think 5th overall) in the 5k. My friend Kari is the only one to have beaten me. Justin got 2nd in his age group so we both scored some Teva hardware! I felt surprisingly good in the race and was excited that I decided to race (I was debating just hanging back). One more left in March...we will wait to see what happens for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment