Wednesday, August 8, 2012

July in Colorado

We have been in and out throughout July. Justin had Young Life camp, I went back to MO, we hung around CO, then headed off to Hawaii! Now that we are back and getting into a normal routine, it is time to post some pics! 

Instagram: a free photo-sharing app for iPhones and now Android phones that allows users to take a photo, apply a digital filter to it, and then share it on a variety of social networking services, including Instagram's own. 
Now, you have to have a smart phone in order to tap into this network, but it is a ton of fun! I have posted some of these pics on Facebook (really the only way I have been posting things on FB these days), but I thought some of our family may want to see them. Any square pics with a funny filter are form Instagram. 


  

Mud Run
The first weekend home from STL (actually the very next morning), I met up with members of the track team for the 1st Annual Gypsum Dirty Dozen Mud Run. It was not quite a Warrior Dash and was a far cry from a Tough Mudder, but it was a super fun day and way cooler than I expected! Good work to the Town of Gypsum for continuing to put on cool event for our small town and nice showing from the track team. 

The next day we took Mack and Baxter to play in the mud pit from the run! He loved it! 


Baxter's 2nd Hair Cut
We borrowed the sheep shearers and gave Baxter his second hair cut from the Brandt Barber Shop. It went much faster this time and I think we did a pretty good job. I will have to find a final photo of him or take one this week. He is one skinny pup. After a week of playing in the river with Daniel every day and not getting brushed...he was gross! He looks smoking hot now! 

Random Pics of the Kids

The awesome swaddle wrap that we use - totally necessary for any newborn! 

Macklin has been playing pretend a ton lately and it is so much fun! He got into Macy's stuff this day and tried on as much as he could. Then he took her dolls and dressed them up! We will show him this pic on his graduation or something ;)


Taking care of his little sister :)

Macy rolled over!!! About the second week of July she rolled over from her back to her tummy. She is well on her way the other way soon. 



Gypsum Daze
Yet another great event by the Town of Gypsum. Gypsum Daze is a once a year event that rocks our town. Here are some of the things that we participated in that weekend. 

Gypsum Daze 5k - I had one of my best races post baby life (either baby) and won the 5k! I ran a 20:41 which I haven't run in a while and out kicked a current college runner from Mesa State University. I felt pretty good about that considering the day before I literally ate nothing and was throwing up. Normal people would not have raced...clearly I am not normal. My runners did well too, earning 3 other age group ribbons. 

Free Kids Zone - Macklin had a blast at the TOTALLY FREE Kids Zone. They had bouncy castles, mazes, slides, art and crafts, face painting....Gypsum does it right! Can't wait for next year. Oh, and this was after the super fun town parade :)

My friend Andrea and I got to go to a VIP dinner before the concert. I won the tickets at the 5k that morning. 

Gloriana and Thompson Square were the bands playing that night at a concert for $25 (of which I also scored free tickets at the 5k...thank you to the random kid I met from Kansas that was leaving town right after the race....tried to recruit him for my team). It was super fun. Kids stayed up too late but we caught part of it and had a blast. Might have to be a babysitter night next year. 





Kenyon's Birthday Party - One of Macklin's little buddies (more like I am new friends with his mom) had a birthday party a few weeks back. I didn't know they would have a pool but not having a suit didn't stop Macklin. He just jumped right in in his diaper. The sweet girl with the headband was in her undies a few minutes later too! The Madagascar cake was awesome and they made it themselves! I was impressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment