Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cookies for Construction Workers

Mack is definitely my son.....the picture says it all. 

But Macy...I don't think we look alike yet :)

Macklin and I made cookies for the construction workers yesterday. Macklin has loved all the construction outside of our house this past month (they are redoing Hwy 6 and the whole intersection). When we were walking home from the pool yesterday (yes, I made it back in the pool and things went great!), I saw the water truck spraying down the dust in the road. I had a slight moment of panic when I noticed the truck soaking the sidewalk too as I was approaching with my two kiddos. I thought it would be easy for the driver to be watching the road and not the terrified lady on the sidewalk. But, I was wrong. The driver made eye-contact with me, moved over in the lane and turned the sprayers off as he passed. I thought that it was a very considerate thing for him to do and felt it warranted a thank you. They have also been spraying down the empty lot that is outside our fence (and that the trucks use to turn around in) and I feel like that is slightly unnecessary for them but very nice for us to limit the amount of dust in our neighborhood. Thank you to the construction workers. We hope you liked our cookies (I know Mack liked delivering them!). 


13 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I know the guys LOVED it. Maybe Mack will get a ride before they are all done!!

    ReplyDelete