Monday, November 18, 2013

Macklin Lied

It happened. My sweet boy intentionally lied to me today. My heart was sad. 

He had a bag of delicious peppermint bark that was given to us at our MOPS dinner on Friday. He was so excited to eat it after dinner, as I had told him. After coming up from the back of the house, I noticed Macklin behind our white chair being extra quiet. "Macklin, are you eating the bag of candy?" "No, mommy." "Macklin, come here." He comes out from behind the chair with a little smirk on his face. "Macklin, I need you to tell me what is really happening. Are you eating the candy?" With candy cane pieces stuck in his teeth and with the yummy holiday smell coming from his mouth (and with mommy smiling on the inside), my precious boy says, "No, mommy. I am not." 

He is clearly not perfect. But the first intentional lie was a hard one. 
Of course I had to discipline him, pray together, and we talked over what it meant to lie and how much it hurts mommy and God. 

I am so grateful that our God forgives us when we mess up. 

"If you confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." -1 John 1:9

Amen! 

 PS - I am glad that he has come a long way from the ROARING days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment