Friday, July 30, 2010

Products the Brandts CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT

Wanted this to be a picture...and ended up having it on video mode.
So, just posting so you can see this sweet angle of our boy!



I am copying a friends blog idea on this one, but I thought future moms out there might want to know (thank you to Benton's mommy!).....

Products the Brandts CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT during Our First Four Months of Being Parents
(Not in any order)

This thing is awesome! I love being able to see what Macklin is doing. I think I learn more about his sleeping patterns and movement than without it. I watch him fall asleep, can see if anything is wrong, and just feel comfortable with him in his crib while being farther away. Totally worth the $180 for it. Only thing it is missing (according to his Mimi)....a web link to the monitor to his Mimi can watch him snooze!

2. Fisher-Price Oceans Wonder Cradle Swing
Also another great product. If Macklin is upset, he loves the constant movement that this swing provides! It has different speed settings (which we haven't really noticed a difference between) and it swings front-to-back and side-to-side. Also a good place for Macklin to chill when we are making dinner! He is really watching the fishes that turn on it these days! So fun!

I have heard that some women don't use these...Well, I use mine every day, about 6 times a day or every time I feed Macklin. It is so easy to just lay him on it and not have to support him while nursing. I also love the removable cover. Kinda wish I had two, but doing just fine with one. I don't know if they make the ones that just come with the permanent cover...but being able to wash it has come in handy very often!

We got this play mat as one of four (three in one shower!) and we love it. We had so many other intense, super huge ones, which were all great...But after all the showers, we just couldn't keep them all. So, we decided on this one and I am so glad that we did. I love having it out, but it folds up easily for my "neat-freak" side when I want to clean up. Mack loves the toys on it and it has just the right amount of things to grab. And...a big surprise was that our friends boy Jack just loved it as well (18-month old). Granted...he did like to tackle it and throw it, but it held up and did awesome!

Heck with those little 4 in x 8 in cloths that are sold as burp rags....I need a whole cloth diaper and I need a lot of them! They work great (except when Baxter eats one!).

If you have read our blog, you have seen pics of the Chariot. It is stinkin' awesome and a must for our active lifestyle! Mack has gone on a 50 mile bike ride, hiked through the woods, and ran countless miles with his mommy and daddy. Super easy to use! Only question....will we get the ski attachments for the winter??

These were crucial to Macklin sleeping through the night at by 7 weeks! Starting at 3.5 months though, we only swaddle his legs now. He busts his arms out and I think we will not be using them in a few more weeks.

Safety first! This car seat has been awesome and easy to work with. We also got the stroller to go with it. I like the stroller because it is a lightweight version (not a super duper combo unit like some that weigh 30 pounds!). But, it has two seperate handles, not one bar, which makes it hard to push with one hand. I still like it though.

9. Bibs
For Macklin's first 9 weeks of life, I didn't use a single bib.....Then the floods came! Bibs are a must around here now unless I want to have Macklin in 6 outfits a day!

I didn't know if we needed a tub or not...but I am glad that we have this one! It made for easy newborn bathing sessions. It came with a sling that we used through 3 months that was awesome and made Macklin love bath time! Now, he is getting a little long and we are at an in-between stage now. Can't quite sit on his own, but is too long to lay down. So it is weird right now. But, I am super glad we had it for those newborn baths!

Just borrowed one of these from a friend and we use it daily! We had an off brand one, but it was a little time-consuming to get on. I love the ease of the Baby Bjorn and Macklin just chills out in it! I think we will have to get one of our own..maybe a sweet orange one!

For a girl that debated if I needed one of these...it is a must now! I love the freedom of being able to have Justin give Macklin a bottle and to store up bottles so I don't feel "trapped" by feeding schedules. It works great. I have had no problems with mine so far!

Makes the nursery...and makes me feel like an official mommy! Enough said.

14. Wipe Warmer with Cloth Wipes
There are debates on these things....but Macklin loves this. The feeling of that warm wipe on his tush brings smiles to the boy's face! I use cloth wipes and throw those with the cloth diapers for washing. I do have to fold and re-fill it, which is a little time consuming, but I like using the cloth wipes over the disposable ones! I rarely use two wipes for a diaper, where with disposable ones, sometimes I go through multiple!

Cloth diapers are freaking awesome! Everything has been great about them! I will post more on my system on this later.

Whew.....We are one high maintenance family! That is a lot of "gotta haves" and Macklin is only 4 months old! Crazy!





3 comments:

  1. They become less high maintenance the more independent they get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to take that comment back and say they are less PRODUCT high maintenance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I am just seeing this, but I totally agree with everything you recommended!!! We also use cloth diapers as burp clothes...so much better than the thin, flimsy ones. I'll be interested to see what recommendations you have later, since we are just a little bit behind you!

    ReplyDelete