Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baxter's Birthday Pawty

So, I did it. I planned for a week for my dog to have a birthday party..."pawty" to be exact. I sent out an invitation and invited his doggy friends over for a romp in the yard. Here was the dog party invitation....

I'm having a pee in the grass, run around in circles, bark at humans, whine at the table, canine cake, bones and balloons kind of Birthday Pawty celebration -- and you're invited! (oh yeah... your human can come too)
Birthday Pawty For Baxter!!!!!
Human Hosts: Melinda, Justin and Macklin Brandt
Date: Sunday, May 23, 2010
(only a week away, but how much do we, dogs, have on our schedules!)
Time: 2pm til the we get tired!
Place: My house
Bring: Have your humans bring a dish to share.
Burgers, brats, dessert, and drinks will be provided!
My humans will be making a special cake for all of us to eat!
Bark Back: To this email
Woof, Woof,
Baxter Brandt

Here is the sweet sign that greeted everyone. Baxter did a good job posing for the picture!

So many dogs came (like 8-9 or so). Here is Kobe and Ripley. They are Kari and Jake's dogs.
Notice the birthday hat that Kobe is wearing!

We finally cleaned our deck off! Nicest it has looked since we moved in! Notice all the doggie treats. I made carob-powder dipped dog bones!

I wrote each doggie's name on a water bowl, with Baxter's big bowl in the middle!

It was Cayle's first outing! Way to be a tropper Natalie! I think he was 4 or 5 days old here!

Here is Baxter with his cake before we cut it. I found a dog cake recipe online. It includes....chicken baby food, carrots, flour, lots of eggs, yogurt icing, pepper-onnis (dog treat, don't know how to spell that), and bacon pieces on top! All human stuff except the pepper-onnis. I love this picture.

Here is the human cake....brownies covered in chocolate icing! Yum!

Baxter enjoying his birthday cake!

Special video of Baxter at the pawty!

No comments:

Post a Comment