Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Macklin Loves His Mommy

Here are a few recent pictures of Macklin.
You can look at them while you read the letter below.





As most of you know, it was our anniversary last week and we took that trip to celebrate. Well, we also exchanged gifts there as well. Justin got me this super cute shirt and I got him some new running shoes and shorts (oh yeah, we are going to train for a 1/2 marathon together). But, Justin also gave me the sweetest letter ever that made me cry. He gave me permission to share it with everyone. Justin said that he read Mack's mind and this is what it said...

-----------------

Dear Mommy,
Thanks for marring my Dad. I can tell he loves you A LOT. You have been such a great mom to my already. The way you: shower me with kisses, change and clean my diapers, take time to feed me all day, dress me in matching clothes that make my friends jealous, read to me, teach me how to do cool stuff like rolling over or laugh, rocking me to sleep, holding me when I'm upset, and praying for me shows me how much you love me. I want to grow up and love and serve the way you do. Thanks for being such a great role model for me. I know with you behind me I can do anything. I love you so much. Sorry for all the spit up, explosive poops, late nights, and embarrassing eating sounds I make, I just can't contain myself sometimes. I love how you put up with the good and bad about me. You love me so much. Please continue to pray for me, because I will need all the help and guidance I can get. Once again thanks for marring my dad. I know you could have married anyone, but you chose him. And he told me that besides Jesus he loves you more than anything, including me. I'm jealous about that, but I understand. Talk to you soon mommy.
Love, Macklin (with a signature I might add)

1 comment:

  1. Justin is always raising the bar...What a guy!

    ReplyDelete