Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rock Climbing in the Canyon

Just hanging with Baxter next to my first sport route.

We have to tie up Bax when we climb so that he doesn't distract us,
but he tried to go up with rock with Justin! So funny!

On the route!

Today we were super grateful to get to go play on our own! Sara Giovagnoli and her daughter Angela hung out with Macklin from 11:30-5pm so we could have some time to ourselves. Now I know why people get babysitters! It was so nice to go play with my hubby for a few hours. So, after dropping Mack off, we headed to Glenwood Canyon to go rock climbing at a spot we have not been to yet. It was next to the last tunnel near the Hot Springs pool and there are big cliffs on the north side of the road. It is all sport climbing, which I was a little nervous about. But, I am proud to say that I climbed my first outdoor sport route (which means you take the rope up with you instead of having it attached at the top). I clipped into 6 bolts and anchored at the top - I am a pro now....except it was a 5.7 route (which is about as easy at they get). But, it was very good for my beginning sport climbing self! Justin and I both climbed two routes, we ran some errands in Glenwood, and then we back to pick up our babe! It was a great day but I also was anxious to have Macklin back in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment