Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mom's Visit

From December 1st through the 6th, my mom came to visit us! This is the second time that she has come in the early winter to enjoy the Colorado snow. Last year she came early when she found out we were pregnant.

The purpose of her trip was to go snowshoeing and enjoy hanging out with Macklin...mission accomplished! We went for a hike (with Macklin on my back) in Gypsum. We did some shopping for Christmas gifts in Grand Junction. We took Mack to see Santa (future post). We went snowshoeing in Minturn at night. And we definitely played with Macklin a lot! Mom realized how slow I really am with getting things done with Macklin as it took us a while to get places!

It is so special to have my mom come out to see me. Sometimes it gets tiring to be a stay-at-mom home (totally worth it, but tiring some times), but to have her come visit is totally refreshing! We get to laugh together when I would normally just be talking to Macklin. We get to talk lots and share stories. She gives me advice on different things (but not too much). And we just get to be together. It is so fun! I am so grateful to have such a loving, supportive, caring mom who loves to serve me and do special things for me like come visit!

Here are a few pics of our time together.

Greeting Mimi at the airport and showing her his first tooth!

Our hike

Macklin being a cutie!

Macklin's surprise kiss attack!

Just playing with Mimi!


Our Nighttime Snowshoe Adventure!
(check out our new skis for Mack that Grandma Kathy gave him as an early Christmas gift!)

Mack is all bundled!

Mom pulled him for a bit...but then fell! She was a great sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment