Friday, December 10, 2010

Planting, Watering, and Growing

I had some thoughts this morning while I was reading that I wanted to share.

I was reading 1 Corinthians 3 today and came across these verses...(6-8) Paul is talking to the Corinthians about their spirituality and that they were young in their faith. He was also discussing the fact that different people play different roles in peoples lives. "I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who planted nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor."

This passage really made me think this morning. Who "planted" the seed of Jesus in my life? Who has "watered" my relationship with Christ? Have I been blessed to play those roles in other peoples lives? Wow, how great is our God that he would allow us to be a part of his plan!? It is awesome to think that God doesn't need us to draw people to Him, as He is so attractive in and of Himself. But God invites us along for an incredible journey where we can deepen our faith in His Son if we allow God to "grow" us.

I am thankful for these people in my life that have been used by God to "plant"
and "water" my walk with Jesus.
(not an all inclusive list as I have only been thinking about this for the past 1/2 hour)

"Planters" in my life:
my parents
former Kanakuk counselors (especially the summer of 1997)
former Sunday school teachers

"Waters" in my life:
Justin
my parents
former Kanakuk counselors, directors, and peers
Morgan Martin
Mrs. Bowers (middle school bible study leader)
Tiffany Rowley (YL)
Chip and Karen Buck (YL)
Brandon Grant (DRL)
Doug and Kristin Rowland
Tracy Felton
Chris Schumacher
Christina Brotherton
Sabrina Smiley
Alana Kaddatz
Abbie Rittmiller
Jen (Schlenker) Bryce
Kari Bangston
Cory Strickler
Eric Collom

No comments:

Post a Comment