Monday, April 4, 2011

Grandma Kathy is Here!

We are excited to have Grandma Kathy here for Macklin's birthday!
Here is a breakdown of our time together so far....

Day 1 - Kathy got in late on Thursday due to a flight cancelation, so we missed some time together (no Heidi's for lunch...Melinda was sad). Justin and Mack went to pick her up while I was at practice. They were having a great time when I got home and we enjoyed dinner together. Kathy was impressed by Mack's walking!!!

Day 2 - Kathy and I took Macklin to the park on a beautiful day!
We played around for a while and found that Mack loves the slide now!
His new walking skills were fun to test out on the wood chips :)
Only down side of the day.... a sheriff pulled over next to the park to give me a warning about having Baxter in the park (he was on a leash and not pooping anywhere!). Darn Gypsum, where am I supposed to take my dog if ALL of your parks are "No Dogs Allowed"????? Good thing he didn't give me a ticket!

Day 3 - I had a meet in Grand Junction so Justin and Kathy took Macklin to the Glenwood Canyon and to run some errands in Glenwood.

Day 4 = Macklin's BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Mack's big day started off well with some biscuits & gravy and some fresh fruit for breakfast. He took a little nap and then headed off to church at 11am (our new service time). From there we went up to Beaver Creek so Justin and I could hit a run or two while Grandma Kathy played with Macklin in the Hyatt Lounge. It was totally worth it after feeling like it was going to be the biggest failure ever (I forgot my jacket, I forgot my pass, we didn't bring a blanket for Mack to shield him from the crazy snow, McCoys was closed so we had to find another place for Kathy and Mack to play, and it goes on and on). End of story....we got 3 o'clock cookies...all worth it!

After we headed home, we had a special dinner for Macklin complete with a homemade brownie (with a lit candle this time, unlike his party). The three of us had a nice steak dinner in his honor after he went to bed :) Macklin had a few more cards to open and got calls from his Grandpa and Mema and Uncle John to complete the night! What a good birthday!




And...oh yeah...I gave Macklin his first little haircut!
He had a little "behind the ear mullet" going on.
So we just trimmed it up a bit. I did save a chunk for his baby book...already taped in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment