Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Beaver Creek Rodeo


We have been missing a fun social event in the valley for the past six years - the Beaver Creek Rodeo! One of our senior Young Life girls is the rodeo queen and I made a commitment to go to one of the shows this summer. They run every Thursday all summer long in Avon. I never really thought about going before this year, but Macklin loved it!!!

I told him that we were going to see cowboys, and that is all it took for him to request a full Woody (rom Toy Story) outfit, complete with his bandana to "keep his neck warm" and his cowboy boots. He was a precious little thing. He received many compliments on his attire. 
 


While we were there, Macklin watched the cowboys rope the calves, he rode a horse himself, and he played with his buddy Trevan. We also watched Angela race around performing her duties in the ring. It was fun to see her in her element (she is now on the CSU equestrian team). If it wasn't slightly expensive, I think I would take Macklin back every week! It was totally worth it to hang out with the Bakers for the evening though. 


Can't help but mention I found me two new favorite pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment