Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had the best 30th birthday party, thanks to Justin! We had a pretty normal day at the house. He said that we had plans for that evening so I was thinking that we were headed out to dinner or something. At about 5pm, he said that he was going to go see a high school friend for a little visit and that we would leave when he got back. I thought that was a little weird, but didn't think too much about it. When he got home, he said to get on active clothes and then blindfolded me and put me in the car :) After driving in circles we ended up just a 1.4 mile from our house at Second Street Park. He walked me all the way across the softball field to a whole crew of friends! I was so surprised! He had organized all of my friends (including MOPS friends that he didn't know), gotten my favorite Subway sandwiches and cookies, picked my favorite ice cream, my favorite chips, and all of the other fixings! He just wanted everyone to come and enjoy, not worry about bringing things. He had even asked his high school friend (that he supposedly went to see) to come and play with all of our kids in the park so that the adults could play a game of kickball! 

If I had to plan my own birthday party, this is what I would have planned! Thank you to my awesome husband for making me feel celebrated on my 30th! I still feel like I just graduated college, but apparently now I am no longer in my 20s. 

Kari and Jen 


Karley (new YL leader) and Susie (new friend) with her son JP

These bad boys are my anniversary and birthday presents! Woohoo! They are awesome! 

I also received these beautiful flowers from my brother John's family!

No comments:

Post a Comment