Thursday, September 23, 2010

Macklin's First Trip to the Dentist


Yesterday I had my 6 month dental check up. As a new mommy, I wasn't quite sure what to do with Macklin for these situations, but the ladies at the dentist said that I was welcome to bring him along. I thought it was worth a try!

I brought him and he did awesome for the first 30 minutes. But, as it approached nap time, he started to get a little fussy. I tried to calm him down a bit, but that failed as soon as I put him back in his stroller. My hygienist said that I could have him in my lap! I tried that and it was awesome! Not only was he quite, but he got to watch everything that was happening and loved all the tools that made noise. He did rip off my little splash bib and toss it on the floor, but the hygienist was super cool and not phased by it one bit. What a great trip to the dentist!

On a side note, it is day three of our new napping plan and things are going super-duper! Macklin laid down for all three naps yesterday (even though they varied in length from 1.5 hours to 20 minutes) and then went to bed at 8pm (with no night feeding). He woke up at 9:15pm and we let him cry it out for 15 minutes and then he was back to bed. I woke up surprised this morning to find that he didn't wake during the night. It is 7am and I am going to go grab my happy little baby who is awake and playing in the crib. PS-I am dressed, have eaten breakfast, diapers are in the laundry, have pumped, and I already did one Young Life project. Holy smokes! I hope this new schedule keeps up!

No comments:

Post a Comment