Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Justin!

Today was Justin's 27th birthday and we celebrated with a family lunch date! Mack and I took Justin a fried chicken lunch at school, complete with mac n' cheese and stuffing (random I know) AND a homemade birthday cake! It was quite the effort to get all of that (most of all, Macklin) to school and ready to surprise Justin at 11am! Lunch got even earlier at the high school! But, we prevailed and Justin was surprised by the complete lunch and cake. It was my very first effort at making a cake from scratch. I didn't really have an option when my boy was napping and that was the only time to make it this morning. And, by the grace of God, I had just enough sugar to pull off the task.


We had to wear the shirt again for his daddy's birthday!




The birthday lunch was necessary since the super wife that I am planned a XC commitment tonight! I know, I am dumb (the spike night went well for my XC kids though). After Macklin and I got done with the team, we got to give Justin his gift! He had been wanting some new ear buds, so I got him his first "nice" pair of headphones (some Bose pair). I think the gift was a success! Macklin loved the tissue paper that I wrapped them in!
Check it out....

No comments:

Post a Comment