Friday, November 19, 2010

Taking a Leap

The time has come and I am ready to take the leap! “What leap?” you might ask. The leap to leave my tiny little son for multiple days. I have been thinking about this for a while now, wondered if I was ready or not. As the time approaches, I know I am making the correct choice. God has given me the chance to be used at Young Life camp this weekend and He has also blessed us with wonderful friends (The Smileys) to love on Macklin while we are gone – Easy!

Justin and I will leave sweet Macklin at home with Sabrina and Ryan around 5pm on Friday, only to see him again around 3pm on Sunday. I think the goodbye will be hard but I know I will cry when I see him on Sunday! Am I over-reacting? Seriously, we are going to be gone for less than 48 hours. But this little man has been attached to me for the past seven and a half months only to be separated by a cross country meet here or there or his 11 hour nights of sleep. I love picking him up in the morning to see his smiling face look at me and wrap up his perfect mini body in my arms. I won’t go on…of course I love all of him, but I can be strong for two days, right?

Really, I can do it. Our time with our high school friends at Crooked Creek is an incredible opportunity to be with kids as they experience the incredible gospel of Christ and have the chance to respond to it. What a blessing it will be to get to walk along side of them for this weekend in their lives!

So, if you are reading this, please pray for our group of 56 leaders and kids from Vail Valley Young Life headed to Crooked Creek Ranch outside of Winter Park, CO. Pray that God will bust into kids hearts like never before. Pray that kids will see hope in some of their seemingly hopeless lives and that God will rock their worlds! Thank you for your prayers!

We will let you know how it goes on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. You CAN DO IT! We left Sam at 8 months when we came to visit you! :) You might be surprised by how much fun you have WITHOUT him. ;0)

    Have a blast this weekend. I'll be praying for you and your crew!

    ReplyDelete