Sunday, November 21, 2010

Polar Bear Weekend

Everyone will be happy to know that each of the Brandts survived our first weekend apart while Justin and I went to Polar Bear Weekend with Young Life. It was a great weekend and we are so thankful for Sabrina and Ryan Smiley for taking care of little Macklin!

Leaving was the hardest part. I wasn't quite packed up when Sabrina came over Friday afternoon...which didn't help. I thought I just had to grab a few more things, but then I lingered and then I cried! Macklin was crying; I was crying! I only cried until Eagle (which I thought was pretty good). And then I began my focus for the weekend - the hearts of the girls in my cabin.

Don't get me wrong...I thought of Macklin every minute of the weekend, but I think I handled things pretty well. Other than pumping 6 times a day, I didn't really let me aching heart pull me away from the girls at camp.

Sabrina did a fantastic job with him (but I didn't expect anything less). I came home to a clean house, completed (and folded) laundry, clean dishes, flowers and a card from "Macklin", and dinner ready to eat! I don't even know how she had time to play with Mack, feed him, get him to nap, and even take him to the rec center to go swimming! So crazy! She is a natural and I can't even wait until I get to return the favor! Love you Smileys!

As for camp, it was awesome! Below are some pics of my cabin along with the whole Vail Valley group. We had a ton of fun with 500 kids at club, the huge swing, playing in the snow, going in the hot tub, eating yummy food, and having some awesome conversations about God. It is amazing how 15 girls in a cabin can be in 15 totally different places in their relationships with God. I feel so fortunate to be in these girls lives. Please pray for my time with these girls when we are back at home. I would love to be there for each of them, but am asking God to show me which girls to really pursue! Thanks!


Whole Vail Valley Crew in the Snow on the Last Day

Whole Crew at the Crud War

Swing

My Sweet Cabin


This is not from camp, but is a pic of some amazing girls that come over on Friday mornings to have breakfast with me and talk about life. Most are on the dance team and had their Regional competition the weekend of Polar Bear (but they got 2nd and rocked it so it was worth it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment