Saturday, January 15, 2011

Busy Brandts!

Since my last post, we have been having tons of fun!

First and foremost, the running noses have almost dried up and we are back to being healthy. Clean sheets abound and the number of Kleenexes we go through is diminishing!

THUSDAY
MOPS in the morning...which I love! Macklin is getting so much better at staying in the childcare and playing with all the other kids! He used to get brought back up to me because he was hungry, but not snacks work wonders.

We enjoyed a chill afternoon and then I met with some people about starting a summer track club in Eagle County. I am 99% sure it is going to happen, and that makes me excited for the future of running at EVHS! It will help my program a ton as well as our track and field program. I am not going to coach or anything, just helping to get people connected.

After that, I was off to tutor an EVHS student. I have loved tutoring and it is such good money. I really like to keep up with students in math classes and help them out. I am able to work with students in the afternoons and evenings and have 3 students a week that are regulars right now. I am trying to decide how much I can/want to handle. I am making most students come to my house these days during Macklin's nap times. Even if he wakes up, he hasn't been too big of a distraction yet.

This particular night I had to tutor at EVHS because Justin had a team dinner with his badketball team at our house! I told him I wasn't going to be home until 6:30pm and that he said he could hang with Macklin that night...and he said "no problem." So, I set a few things out for Justin and left the rest for him! He did an AWESOME job! He made all the food (spagetthi with meatballs, bread, and salad and of course lots of Kool-Aid), set up everything, and CLEANED UP everything! He was a great host all while entertaining Macklin until I got home. The boys loved it. The parents were raving the next day and thanked ME! I told them that it was all Justin. One parent said, "I asked Jordan who cooked and he said 'I don't know but it was really good!'" The funny part - the boys all ate huge plates, then played Wii for a hour, then Justin made them all come eat again (kinda jokingly, kinda because we had tons of food leftover!), and they ALL DID! It was a great night! My husband is amazing!


FRIDAY
I had my high school friends over for our Breakfast Club group (we meet every Friday and I make them breakfast and we hang out and discuss a scripture passage). I had 7 girls over (which was awesome) and we talked about 1 Corinthians 9:24-25.
I really enjoy my time with these girls!

I had another meeting about running after my breakfast. This time I met with the two people that led the middle school running club that I started in the valley this past fall. They were so helpful in giving me feedback on the program and both are interested in doing it again. I am so excited for the variety of things that are starting to help develop the "running culture" of our area. It is really going to help my team in a few years!

Just before noon we headed over to the Gypsum Rec Center for a playdate at the pool! Macklin loves the pool! He just thinks it is so cool. We even went down a baby slide and he crawled around in the beach-entry area. We played for about 45 minutes to an hour-ish (which is about all he can handle). Playdates are super fun for mommies too! I got to have some great time with Stephanie Riskey and Bethany Van Wyk. Thanks ladies!

Here is the kicker....after the pool, I really wanted to go see my high school friends at their ski races at Beaver Creek. I went for it! I knew it was going to make our day nuts, but I really wanted to see them! So, at 6am, I was getting EVERYTHING ready for my day! I packed up all the snowshoe gear, baby backpacking gear, and food for the day. We got there in time to see some of the boys race and talk with some of our friends! It was super fun as it was my first ski race ever (lame, I know, but true). Macklin and I sat in the super fancy McCoy bathrooms to nurse and eat before leaving the Beav. He made many friends on the bus rides up and down the mountain from the parking lots. It was awesome to be up there!

All of these girls have run XC for me too!
My buddy Angela!

From there we went straight to Justin's basketball game! I am crazy, I know! Justin has been having a tough year (not winning a ton), but I think the team dinner must have helped...because they won! The boys played super hard and very well together. Justin was very proud. Also, the varsity team won as well! So proud of EVHS! Great job guys!
After this, it was home to feed Mack and then put him right to bed! So tired!

SATURDAY
My little boy was still tired from yesterday in the bath this morning....
So tired that he didn't sleep this morning! So sad for mommy! But that is what I get for toting him around all day yesterday. But he did take a great mid-day nap and is sleeping again now. I have had a nice relaxed day with Macklin while Justin is at a game in Steamboat. One cool thing...I really enjoyed lunch with my high school friend Angela - she came over to hang out with me!

Here are a few pics of our boy this morning....He is getting into more and more stuff these days! Time to do some baby-proofing!

His cabinets
My cabinets
The fridge (when I leave it open..don't worry, he didn't get the Kool-Aid!)
He loves these carts!

Oh, and Bax and his indestructible toy....yah.

Here is a clip of Macklin walking with his walker today!
(from my phone and still sideways :(

2 comments:

  1. you're little guy is so cute! Congrats to Justin on the win and YAY for you on the running club during the summer! Praying for you, my friend! We miss you here in StL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love the updates. Please post more action shots of Justin coaching. Love this stuff.

    ReplyDelete