Monday, January 10, 2011

A Handmade Christmas

Last post for the day....

This year I decided to try to make the majority of our Christmas gifts for our family and friends! I think I started a bit late, but I was really happy with how they turned out and will probably try to do the same thing again in the future. It was a lot of hard work though.

In case anyone else wanted to do the same, I thought I would share my creations, none of which were my own ideas. If anyone has any creations of their own or ideas, I would love to see them.

Non-Photographed Ideas
Picture Ornaments (hope to make one for the grandparents each year)
Calendars (like the ones on shutterfly, just handmade)
(kinda like link, but different. I traced Mack's hand and then made coasters out of it. Grandpa and Papa can say, "Can my grandson hold your drink for you?" at their offices!)
(ok, not handmade, but it took me lots of hours! We give these to our moms)


Boxes for the men in the family. Could be used to put on a dresser or hold cards. Pretty easy to make, just need a box from a craft store, paint, and I used some scrapbook paper too!

These turned out surprisingly well! I used lavendar and even found cute little jars to put them in! I actually used this recipe.

Young Girls Leg Warmers with Matching Headbands
These are sweater arms chopped off. Thank goodness my mom was here when I started making those. But, they are easy to make and I want to try to make some for myself some day! The headband link is above, but I also really liked this one. I am not sure if my nieces or Justin's cousins kids will wear them, but I would!

These were super fun. I saw a couple break (sorry if yours did), I don't think I put enough glue on the bottoms of the marble. These are super easy and I fit them to the persons personality or role. I was so excited to hear, "Man, we needed more magnets!" so often! Thanks for making me feel good everyone (I got a lot of cities/countries that my bro has traveled to for the ones below)!


I tried to use paper clips to hold them in place so people could read them when they opened them, but they didn't stay. Looks good now though!
Thanks to Cara Leonard for challenging me with this idea and for giving me great resources!
We ended up doing all of Christmas for under $350 I think, way better than what we have spent in the past and I was happy with my creations! I hope others were too!

No comments:

Post a Comment