Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Toy Update

Part of Christmas is getting home and actually putting everything away. This process took a bit longer this year with the addition of our sweet boy. Man, he must have been a good boy this year, because he sure got a lot of stuff! I did pack some baby-baby (my words for 0-6mth toys) away, threw out some others, and donated others. I think we still need to find a place for some of the other things though! More shelves or something.

Some of our favorites....
-VTech Learning Walker (which he can use by himself now!)
-Ball Popper from Fisher Price (very noisy but super fun)
-The Pony (which he can dismount himself!)
-The Styling New Clothes (oh wait, his momma likes those :)
-The Bill D. Beaver toy for the car
-The Puzzle Dinosaur toy (very simple, but cool!)
-The Classic Pop Up toy
-The Mizzou gear
-The Bopping Penguin
Ok, ok, so we like a lot of them!

As I was putting things away, I was amazed at how much stuff was all over our floor!
It was kinda nuts, but we are super grateful and Macklin has had a great time playing with his new things!

Here is Macklin playing in the bath tub (big kid style now!) with a new toy that Jessica Zuke got him. It was really neat!


Macklin and one of my friends sisters are playing with all the new toys!
Sorry is is sideways.

One last thing.....most of our parents spoil Baxter at Christmas as well.
I talked to my mom about this in advance and asked her to get something special for Baxter. I asked her to get this octopus toy instead of lots of little things. I really like for him to have a soft toy, but then he just destroys them. I saw this one at our local pet store and brought it home for him last summer. Justin said it looked fancy and asked me how much it cost. When I said $20, he told me to return it! I insisted that it was an "indestructible, super sturdy" toy as the tag claimed, but he didn't let me keep it. The whole argument that we would go through 4 $5 toys in no time didn't work either. So I took it back.

When mom got it for him at Christmas I was eager to see if it would hold up. Due to all the traveling in STL, he didn't really get a chance to play with it until he got home. This is what it looks like after one day! It did not survive! And I think Bax even threw up purple string one day...yuck!


This is what it looks like now....so sad!

2 comments:

  1. Some friends of ours have dogs just like Baxter. I will look into where they get toys for them. The are stuffless toys. Its just the lining. They seem to be happy with them! I'll keep you posted!
    We recycle toys out all the time. Thanks to Christmas and some hand me downs, we are stocked full of Elmo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is EXACTLY what Millie's toys look like! She got a bunch for Christmas and they were all destroyed within a day. They are a match made in heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete