Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sleeping Transitions

I have to make a post about Macklin's sleeping habits so that I can rejoice over the progression in a few weeks (God, are you listening to this right now?).

Macklin has decided in the last week that he is no longer a fan of the morning nap. While this saddens his momma very much, I am doing my best to embrace the change. He just cried through a nap early next week, and before we knew it, 4 days in a row went by where he didn't take his morning nap. To add to the tiredness, he only slept for an hour and a half in the afternoon.

Let's do the math...
previous 8 months of life = 5 hours of sleep during the day
previous week of life = average of 1.5 hours a day.
Tiredness for all.

We are trying to find a new rhyme to get into. We have tried the early lunch and to bed at 11:45am...no good. We have tried to stick to the normal afternoon nap at 2pm...way to tired at that point..no good. Today we tried to put him down between 12:30-1pm an he went down and slept for 2.5 hours! Yah! So, I think we will continue with this for the week and see what happens. I hear crazy stories about kiddos sleeping 3-4 hours in the afternoon, but I don't believe that yet....hopefully soon!

Keep you posted and say a prayer for our baby boy and his confused parents ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment