Thursday, February 13, 2014

Naps are Gone, School is Back

Naps….how easily such a little thing can make or break my mommy life! Who would have thought that such a little thing is capable of so much. No one ever told me this before I had kids. Prior to becoming a parent, a friend said that he couldn't hang out because of bed time for his kids and I thought he was crazy. 

Routines and nap times keep mommies and babies happy. So when we decided it was time for Macklin to kick his afternoon nap in return for an earlier bedtime, I knew it was going to be a hard transition. I like my two-hour mid day mommy time. I NEED my mommy time. At this point, I am not sure what I am going to do without it. I need to establish new routines for Mack and myself. I need to trust that God will allow me to fit in what is needed and purge what is not. I will have to be more efficient with my time and plan ahead. With track starting in a couple of weeks, I am a bit anxious about how things will get done. But I will continue to trust that it will all work out and I will continue to make sacrifices to be the best mommy I can be for my kids. 

On the flip side, we have gotten back into "school time" at home. Check out Macklin's letters! 


No comments:

Post a Comment