Monday, August 23, 2010

CA Trip...Day 5

Day 5 of our California Trip
Big things happened today.....It was my birthday! And, we got wetsuits!

I woke up this morning to pancakes with hearts in them! My hubby is so sweet!

Since it was my day, I got to pick our adventure. So, I choose to join the Bylers for a little trip to the outlet mall! It was a great day, but before we left we had some trouble....
Lynne was holding Mack as I was gathering our things to get to the outlets. All of a sudden she says, "I think he is wet." Wet would be an understatement here. Macklin back was quickly turning yellow from the amount of poop that was coming out of his diaper. Good thing none of it got on Lynne, but we did have to document the moment! I was laughing so hard that I could hardly hold my boy!

Finally to the malls. Shopping is a little different with little ones!

Everyone said I could pick our lunch destination since it was my birthday. So, I saw the Panera signs and headed that way. Well, come to find out that Panera didn't open at the outlet until August 14th, just five days too early. So, I peaked in the door and the whole store was fill of goodness. The manager came out to hand us some coupons for the grand opening and I "offered" to test out any food that was needed and happen to mention that I liked their cookies. Well, the nice man that he was, he went back in and brought me out a bag of bite-size cookies! It was so awesome. I told him that he made my birthday! Little did we know that there was hair baked into the cookies that we found upon eating the fourth one out of the bag.....I think they should keep practicing a bit more before opening!

On our way home, we saw the light........we realized that we needed wetsuits and we rented three for our group, one to fit the girls, one to fit the boys, and one to fit Justin!
We also rented a paddle board and Elizabeth had her mom bring her surf board over. We were ready to make the most of our time there. No more of these 15 minute water play times. We wanted the real deal!

Below is a picture of Jarett and Lynne trying to help Jaime get the wetsuit off after she tried to fit her leg through the arm hole! Clearly we don't live by the beach!

Ready to go!

Macklin was investigating Luca on the play mat!

Check out these boards!

Playing in the water!

Cutie boys

The crew surprised me with a birthday cake that they made while Justin and I were playing in the ocean! Happy Birthday to me!

What a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment