Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Meeting Jim Ryun



I took my cross country kids to meet Jim Ryun at a clinic he was hosting on the 14th! For those non-runners out there, Jim Ryun is the first American high school kid to run under 4 minutes in the mile. He ran at KU (booo). He was a 3-time Olympian (1964, 1968, 1972). He won the silver medal in 1968. He held the world-record in the mile (3:51.1). He was a US Representative (1996-2007). And...the guy loves Jesus! He is just a quality guy.
And his wife makes him even cooler.

I was so glad that I took my kids to meet him (well, as many that would come). And they were glad they came too as each kid scored an Adidas shirt and shoe bag along with other goodies that some won. It was a really nice thing to do for the kids and for me too! I just hope that he comes back again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment