Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Congrats to Jen and Jonathan!

Carol Wilson, Kari Bangston, Jen Bryce (woohoo for a new last name!), Jen Baker, and me

Last Sunday we got to go see Jen and Jonathan as we celebrated their marriage at a little gathering in Edwards. They had a small, beautiful ceremony in Yosemite National Park a couple of weeks ago. After this party, they were headed down to UTEP to begin their lives as partners in ministry together for the college students down there! We are so excited for them and wish them the best!

While I am excited about their new lives together, I will miss my dear friend Jen. We first met at a bible study she hosted during the first year that I lived in CO. We have one of those relationships that I really cherish. It is not one where we are BFF or even talk every week (or month for that matter). But when we do get together, we love the realness that exists between us. We know that we can be vulnerable with each other because we share an intense desire to love others the way Christ did. I appreciate her walk with God and her ability to cut me to the heart. She appreciates my ability to tell the truth and not sugar-coat life. Jen challenges me to never settle for mediocre but to strive for an abundant life that God has in store more me! I will miss you Jen, but I expect our relationship to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment