Tuesday, August 24, 2010

CA Trip...Day 7/8

Day 7...Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On Wednesday we had to check out of our home. We had to be out by 10am, but that did not stop us from making the most of our day. Since the surf shop wasn't open yesterday when we wanted to take the stuff back, we still had our wetsuits. So, I was up around 6am to feed Macklin, then we put him back to bed and Justin and I were on the water by 7am.

The highlight of my trip I have no pictures for....I got to paddle board in a group of dolphins!!!!! It was so great! I was so excited that I could barely stand on the board. I guess this pod of dolphins move up and down the coastline in the mornings near our beach. So, there I am, just paddling away and all of a sudden I see them in the distance. I keep paddling to them and they swim right past me! The closest one was about 10 feet away, no lie! It was so cool! After that, I didn't need anything else. We came in around 8am, packed up, took some pics, and left our sweet little beach home.

We hit up some lunch in Oxnard and then headed back to LA. The Bylers left Oxnard to go to Santa Barbara to fly out and the rest of us went to the Kirklands to stay the night. We passed through Malibu on the way, seeing the beaches that Baywatch was filmed on! haha! Here are some pics of our final couple of days in CA.

While we were at the outlet malls, Lynne and I got this great idea to buy the boys matching shirts. We couldn't decide on what to get at the Carter's outlet, but then stumbled upon one...


If you can't tell, the shirts say..."Handsom Like Daddy"



Kiah is so precious! And such a good eater. His real name is Hezekiah and Justin named him Heafty Heze! That's my hubby for ya! Hopefully Kiah won't get a complex over that!

Here's our boy, just as happy as can be!

We got to eat at one of Geoff's favorite places. They make the biggest pizzas I have ever seen. I was proud of myself for eating two whole pieces.

Kiah finished one whole piece by himself!

After our pizza, Geoff took Justin and Jarett to his mid-week study at church and us girls hung at the house. When the boys came back, we had a great time making s'mores and making up songs from our week of adventures and other random thoughts. It was one of the best nights of the trip. Thank you to Geoff's amazing guitar skills, which originated from Jarett!

Ready for another flying trip with Macklin...he did very well yet again! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment