Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School 2010

The end of a stressful last 5 days ended today with a great freshmen orientation! Justin stepped up to do an awesome job in my absence (or should I say, unreliable-ness). He trained the leaders and lead the large group today! See pics below.
it one day. But, I know that I am making the right choice....even if I miss my classroom today.





Today brings about a mix of emotions for me. I am chillin' at home with my boy (but I did get to help Justin this morning because Mack was a little angel!) instead of teaching. It was weird to leave school after the orientation instead of going up to my room. Another teacher took over my room (and my SmartBoard). I won't know these incoming freshmen like I have known the previous three classes. Part of me is super sad to be leaving that for a while. The other part of me looks at my son's face and couldn't be happier. I am actually not as upset as I thought I would be today and feel as though I am taking it in stride. I want to be the one to raise my child and see all of his "firsts" along with his daddy. I think it would be harder to walk away from him at day care than it is to walk about from teaching at EVHS. Maybe I will go back to it one day. But, I know that I am making the right choice....even if I miss my classroom today.


Here is a picture of Mack with my good friend Kiah at Young Life last night.

1 comment:

  1. we are so happy that u are home with Mack however i maybe could retire and take care of him in MO
    love memaw

    ReplyDelete