Saturday, August 28, 2010

One Day of Rest

So, today will be a little day of rest for the Brandt family. Our week has been crazy with cross country practice and as Justin started all of his teacher meetings. It takes a bit more planning to keep track of Macklin amongst our back-to-school schedules, but he is one awesome baby and we only had to have a babysitter once this week! He came to XC practice with me three times this week (mutli-tasking at its finest) and even slept through Link Crew (club at school that we are the sponsors for) training on Friday so I could help Justin a little. Last night I was so exhausted that I went to bed as soon as I laid Macklin down! I feel so good to have gotten a good night of sleep. One last morning of XC today, then onto afternoon practices next week.

Other news of the week:
-Justin lead Link Crew training for the first time and did a great job (normally I do this)
-We got to have dinner with Eric and Cory (the newlyweds!!!) to talk about YL
-Justin got all the sod in and we have been watering like crazy
-Baxter only ripped up the sod once so far! haha, he is nuts
-Macklin's sleep is getting back on track. His naps are going much better! Can't tell you how much being at home has helped that!
-Macklin is scooting himself backwards all over the place.
-Macklin can no longer her swaddled with his arms in; the little guy just moves so much.
-I am beginning to tutor a second student, woohoo!
-Our sweet friends Abbie Rittmiller and Sabrina Smiley are both employed at the high school now along with their husbands! Now I am officially the only one out of our close knit group of friends that doesn't teach at the high school...sad! :)
-My XC team is going to be way better than I ever thought! I get excited with each practice! Right now I have 51 kids and I will hopefully get my 3rd coach to help things out!

Think that is it! Happy weekend to everyone. Justin goes back to school on Monday and our Link Crew group will put on the freshmen orientation Monday morning. Before that happens, we gotta have lunch with our buddies tomorrow, hiking and dinner with the Bangstons tonight, and a YL gathering Sunday night.
Welcome to the Brandt life!

No comments:

Post a Comment