Thursday, May 3, 2012

Farewell Mimi!!!

Our beautiful Mimi is officially gone :( We had a great visit together and it was an emotional good bye. My mom continues to be one of my biggest supporters and I am so grateful for that. I think it is true for most women, but I appreciate my mom much more since becoming a mom myself (not that I didn't before, but now I see her in a different light). She is a great listening ear and a huge help around the house. If I could be half as good of a mom as she is, Mack and Macy will be blessed! 

Here is a run-down of the second half of our time together.

Saturday I surprised mom with a girls morning. We took Macy and had a cute breakfast out in Edwards to celebrate her birthday (it was the week between Mimi's visits) and then got pedicures together. I would highly recommend Lovely Nail in Edwards, CO. It was prom weekend for EVHS so we had to go up valley as our nail place in Eagle was totally booked! It was nice to be able to just hang with mom and not be chasing Macklin at the same time. Saturday afternoon we headed over to the Leonards house to take newborn pictures of Macy (those will be coming soon). And the evening was filled with cards games and relaxing after I went to see my high school friends take prom pictures. 

Sunday was a pretty normal day. Mimi got to come to church with us and sit in on Campaigners. Monday was the first day I tried to settle Macy into a routine, so that was an "around the house" type of day for us. Mimi was super sweet to stay home with Macklin while Justin and I headed up to Beaver Creek for a Young Life event. I expected Mimi to be asleep when we got home, but she was playing games with Daniel and we got to talk more when we got home! Tuesday we got up and at-em early to head to Target. After we got home it was time to pack up and take her to the airport....such a fast week! 

This picture was taken after the cold morning at the pool. We wore Mimi out! 

Holding Macy - she has a surprisingly strong neck for a three week old! 

Mimi helped a lot with Macklin throughout the week. He got spoiled! 

Getting a bit more time in with Macy before heading out!

Thank you for coming to visit mom! Thank you for catching the elusive mouse and for fixing Mack's hat. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for giving me mommy tips and telling me that most things are just phases that will pass. Thank you for the cute jewelry bag and for doing little things that make me smile. Thanks for sleeping on the couch when offered a bed. Thanks for serving me even when you are sick or tired. Thanks for understanding what help I need and just doing it. Thank you for spending a week away from dad and work to come love on me. Thank you for loving my kids well (even if you do give Mack three bowls of oatmeal on the last day you are here!) I appreciate it all so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment