Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Adios Missouri

We made it back to Gypsum!!! It was a fantastic journey through the mid-west and we appreciate everyone who made the effort to hang out with us and meet Macklin. Last night we stayed with Tim and Ann Rulo in Fulton, MO after stopping by to see Emily (Greeno) Berendt in Jefferson City. These two visits completed our trip!

I met Emily when I was teaching my first year at Jefferson City High School. I call her Greeno still even though she is married now. I kindly refer to Greeno as the only friend I made during the first year of life in the real world. I was working in Jefferson City and living in Columbia, MO. I spent so much time teaching and the rest of my time hanging out with Justin as my new hubby! I knew we were going to move to CO the next year and just felt like I was in a very transitional phase. Well, all of the teachers in the JC Math Department became my buddies! I loved talking with Greeno as we shared stories about class situations and curriculum work. I know I will continue to talk with her as we progress through teaching.

Justin really appreciates Tim's friendship and looks forward to any encounters with him. Tim and Justin work together leading Young Life in Mid-Mo during college. Tim is now a head football coach in Missouri and Just loves to hear how he leads his team and encourages young men. Ann is always refreshing to visit as so is so welcoming. After we left, I was thinking that I have really only hung out with her a handful of times (ever) but I feel like she is a good friend - partially because Justin likes Tim so much but mostly because she is such a good listener and so inviting to be around. So, thank you both for an awesome visit.

Greeno with her baby and me with mine!
Tim, Dave Kemna, and Justin
Ann holding baby Mack!

And so the STL journey ends. It was a great.
But, I am not sad to say....
GOOD-BYE HUMIDY AND HELLO COLORADO!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. And just as you left it became GORGEOUS here! :)

    Love your posts, we miss you tons and wouldn't be opposed to you coming back! :0) (or us visiting YOU!)

    ReplyDelete