Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Macklin Can Hold Toys!



My boy can hold toys! It was a great day today! We were playing with him and could put things in his tiny hands and he would hang on to them. It was so cool. My mom had these tiny little toys that are supposed to go on your feet so they can kick them around, but they were perfect for him to hold at this age.

But, this little play time also raised lots of questions in my mind....Have I ever really tried to put toys in his hands before this? I mean he is almost 11 weeks old and I haven't tried to have him hold toys? How do you know when they are ready for new steps and skills? It's almost like his clothes....I put him in the clothes that say his age, then I get to the next set of clothes and he is already too big for them. I feel like I am a bit slow on some of these growing-up type things. I think moms are better with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc kids.

My conclusion....the first kid is just one big experiment
and you pray you don't mess them up in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment