Friday, June 18, 2010

Our New, Slower, Life with Macklin

We were hoping to get out of the house today and get some things done before helping my parents get ready for the party at their house tonight. I had put Macklin in the swing while we were doing some things around the house. I went to grab him to get him ready to go, and what did I find???? My son sitting in a puddle of poop that escaped from his diaper. He was happy as a clam, but I was yelling in disgust that I had just put my hand in it as I tried to pick him up! So funny! Needless to say we did not get out to run our errands right away. We gave Mack a bath, cleaned the sink after his bath, cleaned off his swing seat cover......then we got out of the house.

I think this has been the biggest thing that we have learned as new parents....nothing gets done quickly. Being the serious multi-tasker, on-the-go kind of girl that I am, you would think that I would be very annoyed by this new lifestyle. But, honestly, I have taken it in stride. I kinda see it as a new challenge each day - a challenge to plan ahead and be prepared for the unexpected. Everything is a game to me. But it is all about adapting to life with this new little man that I am crazy in love with.


No comments:

Post a Comment