Monday, July 2, 2012

Old Friends, Pools, and Hikes

I got a call on Thursday afternoon from my old buddy Ben. Ben and I have been friends since he moved to St Louis in 4th grade (I think) and we were on Student Council together! We both played in the orchestra in middle school and a couple of years in high school. We got to ride the bus together for about 5 years. But, sadly, I haven't seen him in the past two years! It was so fun for him to stop by on a road trip with his younger brother Adam. He had never even met Macklin let alone Macy. What fun it was to show him our life here. Hopefully he will just move to Colorado and we will see him more. 


We had to split with Ben because we had our first MOPS leaders pool party at Lynn's house. It was so much fun and so relaxing knowing that other moms were there watching out for Macklin. It is always hard to go to an event by myself knowing that I have to nurse Macy. Other than the iPhone, it is hard to keep my toddler close by while nursing. He did a great job Friday listening to the other moms and staying on the steps (as he is below). Then, I finally got to get in and play with him. Between the pool and the trampoline, Macklin was loving life! 

Macy is looking like she is getting chubby....I think it was just the way I was holding her :)


We went home for nap time and then headed out on our next adventure - Hanging Lake and the Hot Springs with the XC team. One of my runners initiated this event for our team and it was a huge success! We had 13 runners come hang out and we laughed, joked, told stories, and enjoyed each other! I carried Macy in the Bjorn and made it all the way (1.5 miles up a steep trail) while Justin walked/carried Macklin in the backpack and he didn't quite want to go the whole way before getting distracted by the creek and playing in the woods. Let's just say I have the most patient husband ever! After the hike, we loaded up and headed out of the canyon and onto the Hot Springs. It was a late night for our kids but it was a fun experience and Justin's first time down there! 



Here is when all of the kids got onto the log and it started to stink! 


No comments:

Post a Comment