Friday, May 31, 2013

May Happenings

A bit of an update on happenings in the end of the month. 

Getting Ready to Backpack
On June 15th, I will take off with seven high school girls and another Young Life leader from our area for a week long backpacking adventure (in either Rocky Mountain National Park or Wyoming). I am pumped for the opportunity that my family is giving me to spend time with these girls! Here are some pictures from a local hike that we did to break in our boots! We live in an amazing place! 


Craftiness
I was feeling stressed last week. Instead of just resting, like most people would have done, I decided to make bows for Macy! We were given these cute shoe laces from Grandpa and Mema, but it is going to be a while before Macy has shoes big enough to use them in. I thought I would turn them into cute Mizzou bows that she could use for the rest of her childhood (because we all know the Mizzou gear needs accessorizing!). I then turned Macy's headbands into bows as well. I think my bow obsession will continue as long as she lets me! This project was so easy too. I just cut up the headbands and hot glued them around the tiny alligator clips. Professional! 

Outdoor Fun
With the new warmer weather, we are taking full advantage. We head out to various parks multiple times a week. Eagle County makes park maintenance a big priority and we are grateful for that! We also are enjoying our own backyard. I have to remember to tell Justin how much I LOVE our yard, because I did a good job complaining about it before we remodeled it! Notice Macy's retro hand-me-down dress on the right...I love it! 
 Ω

Sharing ice cream cones

Lunches in the "clubhouse" of our swing set

View of Red Hill from our yard

Macklin is really into Toy Story and Super Heroes (especially Super Why...a PBS show)
 

Missing in the stuff animals!

Slacklining with friends at a BBQ in Minturn


No comments:

Post a Comment