Thursday, January 17, 2013

Early January Happenings

What has been happening around the Brandts in the last few weeks?

Everyone has turned into a superhero with a cape....Baxter, mommy, Macy, and Froggy included! Macklin loves to pretend play! He is so funny around it! Most things revolve around stories or movies that he has watched, but then he adds in his own elements as well. His favorites these days are superheroes, hunting lions and tigers and such, being the diver that catches Nemo, camping under the sheets and roasting marshmallows, and hiding in an igloo. It is pretty darn cute. 



It has been super cold over the past few weeks. -13 is the coldest I have ever personally witnessed, so I had to take a picture! What do you do when it is this cold? You go to Tumble Tots at the Rec Center (thank you great grandpa Sprague for the Christmas money for the kids that we can use to do this!).
  
And then one day it hit 20...so of course we went outside to the park...it was a warm day! 

I got to hit the slopes with my dear friend Kari. I just think the world of this chica and any time I get to hang with her I feel blessed by it!
She took me on the Minturn Mile for the first time ever. It is a 2.5 mile journey that takes you from the top of Vail (left pic) to the town of Minturn (where Kari lives). It is like a luge track on the lower parts, but the upper parts had some great deep powder sections (on the right).

Macy is standing a lot! She is gaining strength in her legs and getting ready to stand on her own. I was excited in late December when she was pulling up on things. Now she is standing and transferring from one object to another! 
 

 

College gear time. When there are Mizzou basketball games, I try to dec out the kids in their gear! Also, I had this cute IWU onesie, so I had to take of picture of Macy in her future alma mater attire.
 

When it's cold outside, time for cookie baking inside! Macklin is such a great little kitchen helper when he is feeling up for it. He is learning how to level off the measuring cups and get everything in the bowl! He likes to break the eggs too.

Story Time. Macklin has really taken a new interest in story time. He sits and listens to Ms. Janet read all of the boys. Sometimes he snuggles with me but mostly he just listens eagerly. From 12-24 months, we went on a story time break because he was not interested at all. It is a fun routine for Wednesday mornings at 10am and they even get to do a craft. It is nice to get new books each week too so I don't have to keep reading the same ones at home :)

I got to see Kendra this week. We have been missing each other a lot lately. Her daughter is doing great and growing strong. Remember Kendra from her shower that I helped host? 

No comments:

Post a Comment