Sunday, April 1, 2012

Kendra's Baby Shower

Two prego ladies!

A few weeks ago I had the honor of co-hosting a baby shower for my high school friend Kendra (she has gone to YL camp with us and has been a part of our crew for the past four years). She graduating this winter and is expecting next month. Her and her fiance James are expecting a baby girl they have named Aliyah Nicole in May and are getting married in June! I really enjoyed planning, co-hosting (along with her future step-mother-in-law Jen), and setting up everything! Here are some highlights!

The Set Up
I had a blast making the decor for Kendra's house (they live with James' family). I just think pennants are the best, if you can't tell from my other parties. So easy to cut the paper and sew them onto some ribbon. I found the perfect little monkey paper to perfect our theme!


The monkey cupcakes were a hit!
Found the idea on this blog through Pinterest.

Jen did a great job with the food spread, a little of everything.

Banner for the mantel

One of my favorite parts....the favor!
I made bookmarks that included a list of what to pray for about Baby Aliyah. I was really happy with how they turned out. Just ask if you want the details of what their said.


The Games
We did a few different things.
1. Write on a Diaper
(Write notes to Kendra and James on a diaper so that when they are changing their baby girl, they can read your notes!)
2. Address an Envelope
(Write your address on an envelope so it is easy for Kendra to write you a thank you)
3. Trivia
(I made a Jeopardy board with 5 categories - Ken, James, Aliyah, Aliyah's Future, and Kendra+James - and had everyone answer the questions while eating. Hollar if anyone wants the digital copy of the game board.)
4. Make Your Baby Craft
(I printed off 10 pics of Kendra and 10 of James from when they were about 2ish. The guests had to partner up and cut up the baby pics of them to make what they think Aliyah would look like. It was awesome! See some of the results below.)





The Fun
My high school friends!

Cutie EVHS Dance Onesies

My Version of Aliyah!

James and Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment