Friday, July 26, 2013

Mrs. Parker

"I'm trying Mrs. Pawker, I'm really trying!" I can remember saying as a grade school student at Claymont Elementary. We adored our tall and perky gym teacher Mrs. Parker. Little did I know that 23 years later, my former gym teacher would run into my mother-in-law at the YMCA. They did not know each other but quickly made the connection and she remembered the blonde, boy-haircut, little running girl. Kathy invited her over for our little dinner last night and were were able to reconnect! She is doing great, just retiring from 37 years of teaching....who would expect anything else of this wonderful woman! 

She also brought over this gem of a picture from our 5th grade Modern Dance group (a brief lapse in judgment on my part and a result of peer pressure). So funny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment