Friday, April 13, 2012

Macy - Day 2


For the first week, I thought I would provide a quick little snapshot of each day of Macy's new life for you.

Previous Nights Sleep:
After not eating for the rest of the day on Sunday, Macy sure made up for it at night! She wanted to eat at midnight, 1am, 2am, and 3am. After that, I was finally worn out! I brought her into bed with me at 3am and snuggled her to sleep. It wasn't until the nurse let me know at 6am that co-sleeping (which I am normally against) was not permitted in the hospital and I needed to put Macy back into the bassinet that I realized I had just gotten 3 straight hours of sleep - yah! Then Macy slept for another couple hours allowing me a little longer to catch up. Babies - so confused on their days and nights :)

Events of the Day:
Besides enjoying our visits with friends and family, we spent the day resting and preparing to go home. On Sunday, after settling in post-birth, I asked our nurse how long was normal for a second time mom to stay in the hospital. She said, "Oh, you could go home in the morning." I think she might have read my thoughts (or my facial expression) when she then followed that with "OR...your could stay another night." I didn't want to stay another night (Justin would have killed me) so we compromised on later afternoon or early evening for our departure on Monday. Being in the hospital is like a little hotel stay. You don't have to look around at what you have to clean, clothes to wash, meals to prepare, or toddlers to chase. I wanted to rest as long as possible! It's all one big medical bill anyway, why not enjoy it every minute you can! Going home turned out well. It is hard to remember how small they are in that car seat! We got all checked out and made it home before Mack's bed time. It was awesome to see them interact again and how excited Macklin was that she was coming home! Even Baxter greeted her! We had story time together as a family of four and then were off to bed.










Attitude:
After being so alert on day one, Macy has taken time to rest in day two. She is a very easy baby and seems to be simple to figure out. Gas, dirty diapers, and eating are really the only things that she seems to let us know about. Other than those, she is calm and precious!

Macy's Physical Health:
She was checked by the pediatrician today again and she came out with a good bill of health. We will go to the doctor again tomorrow for a check up. She did lose 6oz and is down to 5lb 15oz, but that is normal and nothing to be concerned about.

Mommy's Recovery:
I forgot all the fun stuff that comes with recovery from birth (my mom always told me that you forget that kinda thing but I never believed her until now). I mean, a 6lb baby did just come out of my body, I guess that will take its toll! I forgot about the swollenness, the bleeding, the breast tenderness, and the tiredness. I was blessed to take a two and a half hour nap this afternoon (one of the main reasons we stayed in the hospital...to rest) and that made the world of difference - I will have the remember that this week! But, in time, my body will heal. I won't be going on long walks or anything like that for a while...just resting :)

Visitors:
Mimi and Papa brought Macklin by again late this morning. He was into Macy, but then saw the construction across the street from our window and was way more impressed with the diggers than his sister. Justin and him took a walk and explored around a bit (everything from building a beaver dam to going to the Vail library...my husband is an awesome dad!) while I talked with my parents in our room. Later afternoon Torrey and Alana (who are due with their first in June!) stopped by for a visit. Again, we continue to feel so loved by our friends and family. Thank you to all who took the time to see us and love on us!


No comments:

Post a Comment