Sunday, April 15, 2012

Macy - Day 6



Previous Nights Sleep:
Macy ate a bit late last night (11:15pm) and then headed to bed for the night. But, that didn't phase her, she then woke at 4am and 8:15am for her feedings. It was awesome to hear Justin up with Macklin for a while before having to get out of bed myself. I need to enjoy my help while it lasts. Things will be much different when I am up feeding from 4-5am, and then up with my toddler at 6:30am. Rest while I can is my motto!

Events of the Day:
We had a full day today! After a yummy breakfast, Jen and Trevan came over to hang out and meet Macy. Jen made these sweet "MACY" onesies for her that I just love (why didn't I take a pic of those!). The boys had a lot of fun going through all of the toys in our house! We got to spend a ton of time playing with Grandma. After our nap we took a walk to the playground (and when I mean walk, I mean Justin pushed Mack in the stroller and I drove Macy, Kathy and I. So funny! I ended up with both kids on the way home and Justin and Kathy walked back with an empty stroller!) and to get some new library books (have I mentioned that I love the library...well I do! nothing like a fresh round of books to prevent reading the same old things!) We came back to the house to meet up with Cayle and Nick who came over to ride bikes. Mack and Cayle are both getting much more adventurous on their bikes. Justin made them a little ramp and it was a blast to watch them go over it! Kathy made us some pizza for dinner (one of Justin's favorites) and we called it a night! Super fun day with lots of activities for Macklin!




Attitude:
'
Just as fun as the last five days! She is doing awesome! It is Macklin's attitude that we might be worried about! He is for sure noticing that mommy has to spend time elsewhere. I felt like today was all about him (Trevan coming to play and Cayle coming over to ride bikes in addition to a trip to the park) but at dinner he was acting really out of character. He was being very ornery. I am not sure if that is because he is a 2-year-old boy, because he has a new sister and there are lots of transitions (hence him wanting to sit in the bouncer, pic above), or because he isn't feeling well physically. Oh, I forgot to mention with all of the Macy hoop-la, Mack got a nasty stomach virus on Tuesday. He puked twice (which he has never done before) and had a fever. We are hoping that is over with but it could always linger. Just another challenge in mommy life - how to love my 2-year-old and teach him what is right!

Macy's Physical Health:
Eating about the same but we are starting to see some noticeable weight gain, so that is good! Next doctors appt. is Tuesday.

Mommy's Recovery:
Trying to walk less....is that even possible? I just don't understand this rest deal!
Good thing I drove to the park today!

Visitors:
Jen and Trevan, thanks for coming to see us!


No comments:

Post a Comment