Saturday, April 14, 2012

Macy - Day 4

(Pretty sure this was a "milk coma" smile!)


Previous Nights Sleep:
Macy's third night of sleep was surprising easy. She nursed well yesterday (as my milk is starting to come in) and I think it filled her up for the night time. She ate before bed at 10ish and then woke up at 2:30am and then 5:30am. I felt so good at 5:30 that I just stayed up for the day! What a crazy deal! I will for sure not expect that every night, but it was a treat for the third night of baby life.

Events of the Day:
Most of the morning was spent getting Mimi and Papa ready to head off. Macklin finally got his Easter basket (the most high tech and battery powered one I might add). It was a blast to watch him play with each item. His attention span is definitely increasing. We had to make him open another egg in order to get through them all. Speaking of that, I should go eat some Easter candy ;)
After they took off, Justin got to enjoy some noon-ball (basketball that local guys play on M-W-F during their lunch break) so I had my first couple hours as a mother of two on my own. It was slightly challenging but I felt accomplished after both were sleeping! Glad it was only a couple of hours though. We did go for our first walk before lunch. It only took us like 15 minutes to get ready for a 10 minute walk. Hopefully that will change as I get adjusted. It also helped that while I was juggling both through lunch and nursing a big box of beautiful tulips came from my sweet friend Jessica in Missouri. A very thoughtful gift that came at just the right time to remind me of all the support that we have - praise God!
We were blessed to have a meal provided for us from the Dodds family. What a joy it is to have other moms look out for you when you have a new little one! I feel like we have been blessed more with meals on baby #2 than baby #1....think they are trying to tell me something (#2 is a harder addition than #1).
After dinner Justin took off for Young Life. We decided not to cancel this week since we had been home for a couple of days. It will be a new balance as I figure out what events I can attend and which I cannot with Macy and her schedule. Only time will tell on that one.



Attitude:
Still just as cute as a button! No complaints from mommy and daddy here!

Macy's Physical Health:
I am kinda wondering if she is eating enough, as she only eats every 3-4-5 hours, not every 2-3 hours like Macklin did. We will just have to wait to see how things progress. She doesn't seem unhappy, how could a face like this be unhappy??



Mommy's Recovery:
I did go for a walk today, but then had to rest during the evening. I think I will just keep reminding myself to take things slowly.

Visitors:
Mimi and Papa said goodbye but they were super happy to have hung with two of their four grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment