Friday, April 13, 2012

Macy - Day 3


Previous Nights Sleep:
The second night of sleep for little Miss Macy was a typical newborn night like the first. Lots of getting up and lots of confusion as to what time it was. I think I feel asleep on the couch a couple of times making my time out of bed a bit much. I realize that I think she really only nurses for like 15 minutes or so but I am out of bed for an hour or more. Why is that? After a diaper change (or multiple), nursing, burping, re-swaddling, rocking, using the bathroom myself, and falling asleep nursing, it adds up. I think I will learn to be more efficient as time goes along.

Events of the Day:
At the hospital, they scheduled our doctors appointment for today at 9:50am...I think that is a bit early for a new family, don't you? No worries though, we were troopers and made it, on time even! All was well with Macy's first appointment. Dr. Engle said Macy looks great and to come back in a week. Mimi and Papa were still here so that was nice to not have to take Macklin. I think those appointments will get a little trickier when I have to have him tag along. Time to get more creative as a momma!
For the rest of the day, we just enjoyed being home. I wanted to clean and put things away but had to convince myself to rest a bit. Mimi and Papa have been INCREDIBLE to have around as they are helping with everything from cleaning to cooking to hanging with Macklin.
We finished up our day with some yummy BBQ chicken and potatoes and tried to go to bed at a reasonable time :)

Attitude:
Macy has been a champ! She is really chill for the most part. She fusses when she has gas or needs to eat. But other than that, she sleeps a ton!

Macy's Physical Health:
All was good at the doc!

Mommy's Recovery:
Oh the toll that nursing takes on your body...I forgot! Lansinoh cream has been my best friend lately! I think my milk is coming in so that will be nice for Macy! Oh to get through the transition time though!

Visitors:
My sweet friend Kiah came to visit on her off period today!
So glad she made the effort to come over and see Macy!

No comments:

Post a Comment